The Top 10 Biggest Things in the World
1) The Pacific Ocean is the biggest ocean in the world occupying 69.4 million square miles.
2) Asia is the biggest continent in the world, occupying 17 million square miles.
3) Russia is the biggest country in the world, occupying over 6,591,027 square miles. Canada, which comes in second, is about half as large.
4) Greenland is the biggest island in the world, occupying 822,706 square miles.
5) The Caspian Sea in Asia is the biggest lake in the world occupying 371,000 square miles.
6) Mauna Loa in Hawaii is the biggest mountain in the world, occupying 18,000 cubic miles. It is also the biggest volcano, and it is active.
7) The Boeing Everett Plant near Seattle, Washington is the biggest building in the world, enclosing 740 million cubic feet. You could fit 6 Pentagons inside this building.
8) The General Sherman Tree (a giant Sequoia Redwood) is the biggest living organism in the world, occupying over 1600 cubic feet and weighing around 5.8 million pounds. (This pertains to its status as a complex living organism, as opposed to a colony of single-celled organisms.)
9) The Blue Whale is the biggest animal in the world, weighing up to 196 tons and up to 98 feet in length.
10) Manuel Uribe Garza is the biggest man in the world, weighing up to 1,235 pounds.